A court term ends, a career change begins - Lyle Denniston Retiring


Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., on Friday morning announced that the Supreme Court will issue the remaining decisions for the current term on Monday morning.  That also will mean that I am winding up my active, daily writing for Constitution Daily, and concluding my career as a “regular” on the court beat, after 58 years, and as a working journalist, after 69 years.

My wife and I have been discussing retirement for some time, and now seems to be a good time to try it out.  I hope to do some occasional writing for Constitution Daily in coming months.  My current assignment will be to continue to follow the news and write for the Daily through the end of July.

I have some teaching commitments at the University of Baltimore School of Law for the fall semester, but my plans beyond that are indefinite.

In the past, Denniston has written for The Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, the Baltimore Sun, the American Lawyer, the Washington Star, the Nebraska City News-Press, and the Lincoln (Neb.) Journal.  His commentary has also been featured on National Public Radio.

Attribution: Lyle Denniston constitutioncenter.org
Full story: Retirement


No comments:

Post a Comment